Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Cress Experiment


I love peppery greens, like arugula and watercress.  It's been ages since I've had watercress, and I was thinking: gosh, I miss that peculiar little green.  So, I've decided to do a little experiment this year and grow my own watercress.

While this video advocates finding watercress in the grocery store (not something we carry here in the US, sadly), I've found a source for watercress seeds.  With any luck, I'll eventually have plants that will then be useful to grow in the fashion described in this video.  I love the idea of little percolating tubs of green goodness, frothing happily away...  With this handy growing guide, I think I'll have a good time getting everything started.  Maybe I'll even add fish in my frothing buckets...ooh! Hydroponics!  Now we're getting really fancy, aren't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!