Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Permanent Birthday Present

You may not know this about me, but I love tattoos. I don't really know why, but the idea of putting ink all over you has always appealed to me. Maybe it is my love of handwriting letters and lists and notes galore gone wild...ahem. In any case, this is what I chose to get myself for my birthday this year. I like commemorating the sevenses. I got my first tat on my 27th birthday, and it seemed fitting to get my second on my 37th birthday (okay, one day off but Lisa my tattoo artist didn't work yesterday). It's a little hard to tell from this photo, which is shiny due to some nice lotion which will help the new tattoo heal, but it is an overflowing cornucopia. Not only are apples, plums, beets, eggs, squash, strawberries, lettuce and wheat pouring out in abundance, but there's a little rabbit and a lovely hen as well. All things that make this little farm-lette the happy place it is, now appearing on my right thigh.

What, did you think this was on my ass? We don't post those kind of pictures on this blog, people.

At least, not yet. Hah!

P.S. Yes, it did hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!