Monday, May 6, 2013

Bunny Barn Reincarnation

I've been contemplating my bunny barn this winter, and now that it is spring (finally), I've come to the conclusion that I need to do some changes.

Big changes.

I love the idea of using the shed in a box as an animal shelter, with the addition of a nicely framed front door.

I mean, it is ridiculously cute, isn't it?

Unfortunately, it gets very very hot in there.  And ventilation is a serious issue, even with the half door, windows, and industrial strength fan blowing through it.  The misting system helped a little, but whooee, on a hot summer day it is far too hot for anything (let alone a small animal permanently clothed in a fur coat) to enjoy being in there.

Thus, the idea for the next incarnation:
courtesy of www.rabbittalk.com
 A few 2x4s, a few sheets of lattice, a sheet or two of corrugated plastic for the roof, and there you have it:  the next version of the Bunny Barn.  In cold weather, I plan to devise plastic sheeting "curtains" to drop down and help break the wind/snow a bit.  Plus, I will be growing some lovely vines up the lattice to give it both beauty and extra wind protection.  I think it will be lovely!

Now, just to build it before hot weather sets in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!