Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A (Minor) Road Trip!

It may just be for a work-related meeting, but I am rather excited to hit the road today and visit a place I've never been to before: lovely Duluth, Minnesota.

Well, I realize it isn't exactly, like, San Francisco or New York, New York, but I do love checking out a new place.  I'm hoping that the weather cooperates and I get to see the sights, between the long drive there, my meeting, and back again.  I hear that the lift bridge is pretty impressive, and I always love looking at the great Lake Superior.  It reminds me a little of the ocean, even though it doesn't smell right or behave correctly (no seaweed or tides).  A great stretch of blue water, as far as the eye can see, spreading away from the shore...I forget, sometimes, how much I miss the ocean.

With any luck, I'll have enough time to find a local yarn or book shop and do a little window shopping in addition to fast sight seeing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!