Saturday, November 30, 2013

Let the Festivities Commence!





It's the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and that means it's time for the tree to appear in this house!

Later this morning, I'm picking up my friends Gretchen and Mike, and we are heading over to another friend's tree lot.  Suzanne and her husband Terry have a lovely selection of Christmas trees that they cut and have waiting near the door of their shop (where you can find lovely things like pottery, yarn, and original artwork).  I've cleared a space in the living room, and hopefully I can find a skinny green beastie that will squeeze into it.

I'm thinking this year, its going to be simple simple simple. White LED mini-lights, popcorn and cranberry strands, some homespun fabric garlands, and that's it.  I have a large collection of ornaments, but they are all stored in an inconvenient spot, and I just can't muster the enthusiasm to drag them out from behind the other stuff caging them to their "safe place".  Besides, some years (particularly ones falling in stressful work years) I just crave simplicity.  So, white lights and popcorn strands it will be, lovely enough for me to gaze upon while I sip my peppermint hot cocoa and relax to classic Christmas tunes.

Stay tuned for a picture in tomorrow's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!