Thursday, June 21, 2012

Frog Attack!


In the past couple of days, we have had inches and inches of rain fall from dark grey skies.  The porch has flooded repeatedly.  The chickens are still soggy.  I've lost at least three rows of just sprouted spinach, and the corn is looking pathetic.  The dogs are still traumatized by the thunder and lightning of yesterday.

I have gotten a whole bunch of inside projects done, which was rather nice.

The (now bean) field across the street from my house has become a pond once more.  The frogs are deafening at night, which riles up the pups and they start barking and barking, upset about the strange noise so close to their house.  I'm pretty sure that a third of the field is lost, which is sad for the farmer.

It sure is exciting to live next door to a big Frog Party, though!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, frog parties! I miss all the 40-odd frogs that stopped in at our door those long summer nights, at the old house. :)
    -Mikhaila L.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!