Monday, June 18, 2012

Is That a Foot I See Before Me?

Yes, yes it is.

Today, I sat and looked at this, all day:


What you don't see in this picture, cankle and chipped pedicure and all, is the three inch gash ended with a deep puncture wound in my heel.  Oh yes, I managed to find a mysterious chunk of sharp glass, in my house, on my floor, where nothing to my knowledge had ever been broken.  I won't show you the picture of that wound, because, frankly, it is pretty gross.  As in, Ewwwww-inspiring.

When I woke up this morning, it was to a very swollen foot...which made hopping down the stairs an interesting challenge.  Needless to say, I haven't done much today except for propping my leg, taking a nap, and hobbling around the yard to do the bare minimum of chores.  No gardening, no weeding, and no mucking out of animal stalls was in the picture. 

Tomorrow, bad foot or no, I've got to get a couple of things done.  I'll keep you updated on how hopping & hoe-ing works out for me.  It may be a scene from one of those "I've fallen, and I can't get up" commercials.  Then again, maybe I'll impress the chickens with my one-footed chicken house mucking prowess.

Who am I kidding?  It is impossible to impress a chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!