Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Beginnings




In this humble garden cart is the start of a wonderful garden: these are boards for the series of new raised beds that will be going into the backyard.  Once completed, it should look something like this:

 The long rectangular bed is an existing bed, which housed my squash last summer.  There will be six new 4 ft x 4 ft square beds, with a wide path down the center, perfect for my large garden cart.  The narrow paths between the bed may get widened, space permitting--I always have a hard time getting a diagram to scale, but in my head, it's going to be great.  Now, to just clear the old debris, lay down weed suppressing material, build the beds, fill the beds, and haul all the mulch to make things tidy and give the weeds a run for their money...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!