Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Evening Calm





One of my favorite parts of summer is my evening meander through the gardens.  The colors of the flowers seem to glow a little brighter as the light wanes and the shadows lengthen.  I wander around with the hose, giving everything a good long drink after the heat of the day.  My new trees are settling in, and the rest of the garden is coming along.  The corn and peas are growing taller.  I think my pole beans have decided to live, and have started sending up curly stems to wrap around their climbing supports.

There is nothing quite so lovely as a quiet evening spent in the garden, communing with the plants and small creatures that call this Farmlette home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!