Thursday, March 27, 2014

Dreaming of Spring

The calendar and the length of daylight tells me it is spring, but it certainly doesn't feel like it.  Three mornings in a row, it has been below zero temperatures, frozen water dishes, and low woodpile woes.  This winter seems like it is just not willing to let go and be done with it.  So I surround myself with my gardening plans, packets of seeds, and emerging seedlings and try to forget that it is (1) once again really cold outside and (2) that the forecast is calling for snow today.  The robins are back, I can hear them singing in the trees, and still, it snows.  With any luck, this might count as the "third snow on a robin's back" and the weather will clear, bringing warm winds and bright days.  If not, I'll just dig a little deeper into my stash of seeds and dream of the coming spring.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous little seedlings! They look tomato-y with those fuzzy stems :-)

    JoyceP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!