Thursday, March 6, 2014

Eighteen Eggs In

from www.antiquemapsandprints.com

Eighteen little eggs have gone into the incubator, and with luck, when I check them in a couple more days I'll see signs of successful fertilization and the start of a new chick.  I started the first eight a few days ago, and added ten more just yesterday.  It's going to be a bit of a garduated hatching.  That's okay by me, really.  I can only handle so much excitement, and a whole bunch of chicks hatching on the same day might just send me over the edge with delirious delight.  There is nothing, I tell you, nothing cuter than a new chick, warm and fuzzy with a perfect, pudgy bottom.  And the first hatch is going to happen on the first day of Spring, which I did NOT plan but which seems like a perfectly wonderful way to celebrate the day.  Pudgy fizzy chicks on the Vernal Equinox?  Don't mind if I do.

Of course, a new baby rabbit, a week old with fur on and eyes still closed...that's pretty darn cute, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!