Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Squash Strip

Finally, I got around to planting my very soaked and ready straw bales.  I added a layer of potting mix topped with compost, because I really wanted to beef up the nutritional profile of the growing medium.  I am planting squash here this summer, so its important to have plenty of feed (squash are rather hungry plants!)  And then it was simply a matter of planting:  Immediately at the foreground, there is a Jack-Be-Little pumpkins, followed by two Saffron summer squash, and at the distant end, one Costata Romanesco zucchini.  In a few weeks, I should be slathered with summer squash deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!