Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Upgrading the Nest Box

(The schnazzy nest box by Farm Innovators)




I've decided to upgrade to plastic nest boxes for the Coop.  My wooden fruit crate-turned-nest box was cute, but impossible to clean and everyone liked to perch on top and poop into the box at night.  I'm hoping that these plastic jobbies, hung on the wall with their sloping roof and slanted interior will deter roosting and provide a better nesting area than the last version--less poo, anyway.  And besides, it involves a stop at my favorite farm store where I can also pick up shavings for the Coop flooring.  Win win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!