Saturday, February 22, 2014

Herb Update

My herb starts are doing well, although I am still waiting on some slow-to-germinate seeds to pop and start growing.  As you can see in the above photo, the stems of the rosemary cuttings have turned a rosy shade of pink and a little new growth is beginning.  Both of these signs suggest that rooting has started, which is wonderful.  In another week or so, I'll check them and pot them on so they can continue to grow healthy roots and get a little larger before warm weather arrives.
Sage is starting to form their classic fuzzy, veined leaves.

My lone lavender is doing well--hopefully, the new seeds will sprout and I'll have more!

Check out the chamomile jungle--nearly big enough to thin.


3 comments:

  1. Yeah green plants! Woot woot! Congrats on the green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it lovely to see those little seedlings begin to grow?
    Thanks for sharing your herbs with us!
    What type of lavender did you plant? That doesn't look like the types I've grown before. I'm always looking for something new to try :) .
    Blessings,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine--the lavender is a variety called "Lavender Lady", and the seeds were quite old (2011) so only one sprouted into the little plant. I'm pretty sure it was a lavender seed, as I use sterilized seed starting compost, but you never know. I started some Munstead Lavender seeds, and I'm curious to see what they look like when they sprout!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!