Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Too Much Cold Medicine?

For the past week, I've been a bit under the weather.  I never got around to getting my flu shot...so the 'flu found me, instead.

Cough, cough.  Snuffle.  Wheeze.  Fry me an egg, on my forehead.

I finally kicked the fever on Saturday, and aside from a continuing cough, I feel pretty much okay.  I have been having some very odd dreams, however.  I'm not sure if it was the fever, or the Nyquil, but take this one, for example:

I'm in a garden, filled with vines and little shrubs and the sound of dozens of twittering little birds.  It's peaceful, with dappled sunshine and a light breeze making the shadows dance.  I'm digging with a trowel--not sure what I'm planting, but I need a little hole--and just enjoying being outside.

Suddenly, the ground shivers.  Out of the corner of my eye, I see a fat furrow of earth being pushed up from underneath.  It's big, whatever it is--not carnivorous sand worm from LA big, but bigger than a mole.  I'm not entirely scared, but still, this THING is approaching from under the earth.  Just when I start to think, maybe I should be scared now, the ground heaves open and out emerges...

An enormous earth worm.  Somehow, I know his name--Harry, Horace, something like that.  And I wave at him.  And Harry the worm grows a little hand and waves back.

And that is it.  A friendly earthworm, waving at me.

Yeah.  I think I need to lay off the Nyquil.

2 comments:

  1. Well... here I was thinkin' "That happens all the time!" until Harry/Horace grew the hand, that is ;-)

    JoyceP

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Oh you are to funny! Glad you are getting some sleep, sorry its a little dangerous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!