Thursday, September 4, 2014

Don't Be a Crab...Unless You're an Apple.

It's crabapple season here, and thanks to a friend I have lots of them.   So far, I've made a batch of jelly and a batch of butter--there's nothing quite like the smell of spices and warm apples to make your house redolent of fall.

I've also started an experimental elixir, Crabapple Liqueur.  So far it's a quart jar 2/3 full of chopped crabapples, and topped off with rich brandy.  I'm going to let it sit for a month, then strain it and combine with simple syrup.  I'm thinking it will sweet-tart refreshing, perfect for sloshing into a mug of tea come a winter evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!