Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Gardener in Training


I know it seems a little silly to consider myself a gardener in training, given all the gardening I do and have done for years and years, but I've finally decided to sign up and get my Master Gardener Certification.  Run through the University of Wisconsin Extension programming, the course will take most of a year to complete.  I'm kind of excited about it--there's online course work to complete, and monthly-ish meetings on a Saturday for hands-on classes and field trips.  After that's all done, it's annual volunteering on various projects and some course clock hours to maintain.  I figure that should be easy enough to do, given the garden-seedy stuff I already help to manage and organize.   But in any case, I think it will be interesting...and it's always nice to meet other mad gardeners!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!