Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Happy Fall!

It's here, the First Day of Autumn!

Bring on the pumpkin lattes.  Oh wait, they showed up in early August...

Anyhoo...it's fall!  Wheee!  Around here, that means cascading orange pine needles, hordes of ill-tempered Asian beetles, and an influx of persistent field mice who want to take up residence in my kitchen walls.  Luckily, I can use the pine needles as mulch, my bug man will spray for the beetles, and the cats (and a few traps) will take care of the mice.  I was hoping to have more of a fall garden, but I suppose as I'm still waiting on carrots and beets and a few slow-to-mature second crops of herbs, I've got enough going on.  I do love to watch what folks in other climate zones are getting up to in their fall gardens, though:


Or here:
Ahh.  It's always nice to take a little break to catch up in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!