Tuesday, September 9, 2014

What To Do With Green Tomatoes?


My pile of tomatoes is staying stubbornly green.  I've had one or two start to ripen, but still, there's lots of green ones there.  I don't want to waste them, so I've been hunting down recipes to use them up.

I found this one, which sounds rather delicious: fried green tomatoes topped by shrimp remoulade.  I do find cajun style cooking heavenly, so if I can round up some Cajun Mustard and good shrimp, I may just make this...and devour it immediately.

And there is this one, which combines my love of everything Eggs Benedict with my love of tomatoes.  Really, how can you go wrong with hollandaise sauce?  I also have a lot of eggs currently, so that combines well with my surplus of green tomatoes.  All I need is to round up some english muffins and Canadian bacon.

Finally, THIS ONE has me very very excited.  Yes, I have jam in the cupboard, but I don't yet have a vanilla-gingery green tomato jam one.  In fact, I've started the process for this particular jam--and it is very nice to have a bit more space available on my kitchen table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!