Thursday, May 22, 2014

Waterfront Views


The cornfield pond is doing very well this year, sporting all kinds of frogs and waterbirds.  There was even a goose paddling around in it the other day.  As you can see from the video, the chorus gets a little rowdy as evening sets in.  I don't mind, though.  Soon enough, the pond will dry and it will be back to row upon row of GMO corn or beans for the summer.  If ever I become a millionaire, I may just buy that field and turn it into a permanent pond again--I can just envision the reeds, cat tails, fish and herons, all frolicking across the street from my happy hens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!