Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Garlic Time!

With the weather starting to cool off, its time to plant my garlic.  I actually remember to cover off a part of the back garden this spring with a double thick layer of black plastic.  All summer, its been keeping weeds from bursting through and now, I have a great bed space to pop my hardy garlic cloves into.  I've been doing a little reading to remind myself how to plant it, plus videos like this one are great resources:


I hate their theme music--its like a bad 80s hair band--but the info is pretty good.

With any luck, I'll have time this weekend to get the garlic planted.  Hopefully, the weather will cooperate!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. Looking up how to do this was on my to do list! I want to add garlic to my fall planting and thought it was simple, but really did not know. I am going to do this! We can see how ours to next spring! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!