Friday, October 18, 2013

The Long Way Home


On our journey back home, we cruised north through Iowa. It was the heart of Amish country, so we had to stop and check out the official welcome center, just over the border from Kansas.

It was a ridiculously cute version of an old time country store, complete with a Maid Rite burger stand.








I had extreme basket envy.  They were all lovely, and I could think of a use for every single one of them.  Too bad they were far, far out of my budget!

This was the last part of our weekend road trip.  After this stop, the day turned windy and gray and cold--which meant we were nearly home again.  While I had a wonderful time (and I always love a road trip), it was very nice to come home to my little Farmlette.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!