Thursday, March 7, 2013

Back to the Good Life?

I have been watching past episodes of River Cottage on YouTube for days now.  I just love them, and the recipes that are discussed are simply amazing:  fresh, local and fantastically delicious.

Imagine my joy when I found this episode!  I am a huge fan of The Good Life, an old 1970s era BBC program about a couple living in the suburbs of London who decide to become self-sustainable in their backyard.  I have watched all the seasons over and over--in fact, I wore out one set of DVDs because I watched them so much!  Anyway, Felicity Kendall, the actress who played Barbara Good, appears in this episode of River Cottage: Three Go Mad.  It's back to the farm, and into the kitchen, and very funny (with good recipes too).


Isn't she just adorable?

I think I might need to go watch some Good Life again...

If you're interested in seeing The Good Life for yourself, you can likely find it through your local library system or by renting DVDs through Netflix.  In the US, the show went by the name "Good Neighbours" so check under both titles.  It's well worth seeking out!

Just a side note regarding comments:  I love reading your comments!  But, sometimes I get spam.  So, I'm going to be moderating comments for a bit to see if that helps weed them out.  Post those comments, and I'll read 'em and add 'em.  Except for you creepy spammer types--you'll get the boot!

2 comments:

  1. I'll definitely have to be finding these - they look wonderful ;-) Also... love the seed-starting station! It's almost identical to ours except you have lovely wire shelving and ours is homemade with wood. Totally collapsible though after the season is over. Great to think we'll be starting seeds within a week or so - woo-hooooooo!
    JoyceP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had to laugh at your "creepy spammers" comment. Yes, the internet is full of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!