Sunday, March 24, 2013

Even Prettier in Person

Darn blurry phone camera doesn't do it justice.

I feel just like the Dad in A Christmas Story:  "I won, I won, hot damn I won!"

It may not be a major award, but I love this necklace I won in a recent drawing hosted by MaryJanes Farm.  It is made of heirloom seeds and the prettiest stones I have ever seen--I didn't even know there were rocks in such a lovely shaded rust-and-green!

Made by Debbie Groat, Jewelry Designer of Saverine Creek Heirlooms, this is a gorgeous bit of bling. Oaxacan Green Dent corn with unakite stones...gosh, that sounds like poetry, doesn't it?  I just love the idea of wearing seeds around my neck.  And I have to tell you, this is an incredibly warm and comfortable necklace to wear.  It's light, doesn't grab my hair, and it just feels really, really good.

Good vibes, man.  Good vibes.

(Check out more of Debbie's creations at Saverine Creek Heirlooms--they are simply beautiful!)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! As are the things on her website. I notice that she does mention that special care is needed. If you store them with the rest of your jewelry, they may succomb to critter attacks of one sort of another. That's what happened, eventually, to my lovely corn necklace back in the dim, dark past.
    JoyceP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!