Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Healthy Indulgence


Some weekend mornings, I actually am able to be a bit lazy.  I might have a bit of a lie-in and stay in bed for an extra hour.  Then comes the coffee, rich and dark and smelling of chickory.  And since I woke late, I usually figure it is time for a breakfast-brunch of sorts, with all the fixings.

I don't eat like this every day, nor every weekend.  But when I do, I like to make it a bit fancy-schmancy pants.  Homemade biscuits from scratch, the double smoked Amish bacon I covet, a couple of fresh eggs from the ladies, and perhaps some homemade, chunky breakfast potatoes.  Cooked in a bit of the rendered duck fat that my friend gifted me for my birthday, and tossed with red and yellow onion and a bit of freshly minced garlic, they are out of this world good.  Flavorful without being greasy, it is my breakfast potato cookery of choice.

In the middle of a busy work week, having something like this to look forward to on a lazy weekend morning is simply wonderful.


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!